1. Electronic applications are available on the Virginia State Police website at www.vsp.state.va.us and at the bottom of this page along with these instructions. The Virginia State Police website also includes more detail on concealed carry laws.
2. Present completed application and copy of photo ID to Sheriff’s Office along with payment of $15. Make check/money order payable to “Brunswick Circuit Court Clerk.”
3. The applicant shall demonstrate evidence of competence with a handgun to the Sheriff’s Office by presenting documentation of one of the following:
All courses/training above shall be completed in-person.
4. The competence verification and background check will then be conducted by the Sheriff.
5. You will be notified in writing by the Clerk of Circuit Court as to the Court’s ruling on the application.